Our History

Paul E. Dauwalder established his first hardware store in downtown Scottsdale way back in 1956 at the Northwest corner of Thomas and Scottsdale Roads. With a sales area of approximately 1,800 square feet it only took two years for the business to outgrow itself, so it was moved to a larger building farther north on Scottsdale Road. Eight years later the company expanded again and moved to the old post office location on 4th Street. Thirty-six years later in February of 1992, the Scottsdale store movedback to its roots, this time to the Southeast corner of Scottsdale and Thomas Roads. 20 years and the end of a lease was approaching and we needed to find a new home, and we did. New Years Eve 2011/2012 we moved our Scottsdale and Thomas location to our new home at 1800 N. Scottsdale Road, just north of the Post Office. In 2015 we expanded with a location at Rural Rd and Broadway Rd in Tempe, AZ. In July od 2017 we became eight store strong with a new location at Frank Lloyd Wright and Via Linda in North Scottsdale and Payson AZ. We are three generations strong (working on the fourth) and we want to be your hardware store!

Paul's Ace Hardware is committed to providing solutions to our customers, community and associates with honesty and integrity.

Don Dauwalder (center) and his daughters,
Julie Buchkowski (left) and Tricia Dauwalder-Luna (right)

Open Jobs